Gas Safety Checks

A Landlord Safety Check and Certificate is a legal requirement in order for you to be able to rent out your property, as well as being good practice. The safety check must be carried out every 12 months; any system burning fossil fuels can be at risk of producing carbon monoxide, including wood burners, so it is important to have all appliances serviced and tested by a qualified Gas Safe engineer. To book a landlord safety check and service just get in touch and we will liaise with you and your tenant to find a time convenient for us to attend the property and undertake the appropriate checks.

Landlord Gas Safety Certificates in the Yeovil area

The Gas Safe Register is the official body issuing the Landlords’ Gas Safety Certificate in the UK, taking over from CORGI in 2009. Our qualified engineers will inspect your gas meter, pipework, fittings, flue and appliances to help ensure you remain compliant with current legislation and that your gas appliances are efficient and safe. On completion, you will be issued with a CP12 certificate which you will need to provide a copy of to your tenants within 28 days and to keep a copy for at least two years.

The check will include:

  • check your appliances for gas tightness
  • check the standing and working gas pressure (if test points are available)
  • check the burner pressure/gas pressure against the manufacturer’s data plate
  • check for the satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
  • test the flue flow to ensure the removal of products of combustion
  • check that safety devices work properly
  • check for any misuse of gas devices or items
  • check for a working carbon monoxide alarm in any room used as living accommodation, where solid fuel is used – for example an open fire or a log burner


The CP12 certificate will include:

  • A description and location of each appliance/flue checked
  • Name, registration number and signature of the engineer who carried out the check
  • Date on which the check was carried out
  • The address of the property where the appliance/flue is installed
  • The name and address of the landlord (or their agent where applicable)
  • Any safety defect identified and any action required or taken to rectify it
  • Confirmation of the results of the operational safety checks carried out on the appliances.
  • Results of pipework integrity tests which indicate whether or not the pipework installation is safe


If you aren't sure if you need a Landlords Gas Safety certificate, or would like advise on your fossil fuel buning appliances, please get in touch and we will be able to answer any questions.